From CommonJS Spec Wiki
HTTP Client API
Server side programs often need to grab information via HTTP. There should be an API that makes this as easy as possible.
There are certainly other protocols that deserve support, but each protocol has its own purpose and interface and will be documented separately if it will become part of the stdlib.
- HTTPClient Proposal A
- HTTPClient Proposal B based on XMLHttpRequest
- XMLHttpRequest is already the standard JS API for HTTP.
- XMLHttpRequest level 2 is the Draft for the next version of this standard JS API.
- Here is an extended HTTP API from Ejscript.
- v8cgi has a HTTP class
- Helma has a (HttpClient)
- Wakanda has XMLHttpRequest with parts of XMLHttpRequest Level 2
- Ajax.org O3 SSJS API has XMLHttpRequest
- XMLHttpRequest is being implemented for gpsee and flusspferd