From CommonJS Spec Wiki
Command line processing
Many server-side tools use a command line as their interface, and there should be a high-level way to deal with the arguments.
- Flusspferd's getopt module
- v8cgi's GetOpt module
- Microsoft WshArguments object in the Windows Script Host environment.
- Python's optparse module provides a reasonably powerful, flexible and full-featured option parser.
- optparse.js: inspired by Python's optparse module but with some distinct differences.
- Narwhal's "args" module example usage, the module