From CommonJS Spec Wiki
(Redirected from ServerJS/Filesystem API)
STATUS: PROPOSALS, DISCUSSION
- Filesystem/A Proposal
- Filesystem/A/0 Proposal – a low level minimal proposal on which FS/A can be implemented using pure JS
- File API Class hierarchy proposal
- IO/B/Filesystem/Raw and IO/B/Filesystem of the IO/B proposal
Questionnaires and show of hands
- File API name preferences questionnaire
- Summary/Comparison of current File APIs used by JS engines: CommonJS File Object Survey
- Show of hands
- Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject. Used in classic ASP, WSH, HTAs.
- Spidermonkey File object
- Synchronet provides a File Class that was originally inspired by SpiderMonkey's jsfile.c, but has been widely used and enhanced over the years.
- Ejscript's File class is still evolving, but is fairly comprehensive. It supports stackable streams such as BinaryStream, StringStream. It can also do I/O to and from a ByteArray class.
- jslibs jsio module
- v8cgi has a File and Directory interfaces
- helma has two File apis. One deprecated and one current
- adobe's extendscript has a File constructor.Documentation is difficult to find online.
- generic collection/document resource (java) api (work in process)
- Opera Software's File I/O API for widgets, which will probably be standardized by the W3C Web API Working Group.
- W3C File Upload (Last version: October 2006)
- W3C - Device APIs Requirements - File System (Last version: October 2009)
- W3C File API (Last version: November 2009)
- (Python) PEP on new File IO http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3116/
- Java File API http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/File.html
- Java Output API http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/FileOutputStream.html
- Java Input API http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/FileInputStream.html
- E Secure File API http://www.erights.org/javadoc/java/io/File.html
- Joe-E Secure File System API http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daw/joe-e/api/org/joe_e/file/Filesystem.html
- Python Path API http://docs.python.org/library/os.path.html
- Ruby File API http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/File.html
- Ruby IO API http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/IO.html
- Perl Path::Class http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Path::Class
- PHP Filesystem http://php.net/manual/book.filesystem.php